Vitalyst Health Foundation aspires to connect, support, and inform efforts that improve the health of individuals and communities in Arizona. The organization works toward three outcomes:
- Systems are designed to improve health and well-being.
- Partners are equipped to improve community health; and
- Communities are engaged to build health and well-being.
The Program Manager role exists as a liaison between senior program and administrative staff and community partners, in service of the foundation’s achievement of its strategic goals. This position has three primary functions: project management and programmatic support, communications and public relations support and grant support. The position reports directly (solid line) to the Director of Strategic Communications and indirectly (dotted line) to three Program Directors.
Project management and program support:
- Manage collaborative internal projects with senior programmatic staff.
- Serve as a conduit across programmatic goals by supporting program administration, staffing, and contributing to internal collaborative meetings, and identifying opportunities to increase collaboration.
- Engage with community stakeholders and coalitions that further Vitalyst’s mission and programmatic goals.
- Serve as staff support for various Vitalyst Board of Trustees’ committees.
- Lead programmatic event planning efforts, in collaboration with senior staff, including annual Cover Arizona Enrollment Assister Trainings, capacity building workshops, grants sessions, and other external community events.
- Serve as an ambassador for Vitalyst in strategic community meetings and in coordination with programmatic staff.
- Support programmatic budget development and implementation.
Communications and public relations support
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Communications to support the implementation of integrated communications, both internal and external.
- Update and maintain Vitalyst, TAPAZ, and other strategic partnerships’ websites including posting content, fixing links, and other recommended changes.
- Manage programmatic communication needs of senior staff including Vitalyst newsletters, social media, podcast, annual report, policy briefings and reports.
- Work closely with the Director of Community Engagement to support Vitalyst grants program and management.
- Support the utilization of the grants/contracts management system (WizeHive), including continuous process improvement.
- Assist staff in implementing, tracking, and completing grant/contract project deliverables via WizeHive, including internal coordination and correspondence with grantees/consultants.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Capacity)
- Ability to manage complex and competing priorities and interests.
- Strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Website design, Mailchimp experience, social media
- Ability to actively listen, empathize and communicate with a wide range of community stakeholders.
- Organized and disciplined self-starter
Knowledge and Capacity
A strong candidate for this role has demonstrated the ability to:
- Possess a strong understanding of the inter-disciplinary nature of the social determinants of health
- Become conversant about foundation programs, grantmaking, evaluation, and communication initiatives with a wide variety of stakeholders in a wide variety of settings
- Foster healthy relationships with community partners and grantees
- Establish respectful and collegial relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders (e.g., refugees, city council members, community organizers, Foundation Trustees)
- Be an active participant in internal team discussions concerning program and grantmaking strategies, program management, grantmaking, communications and evaluation
- Provide support as needed to senior staff on programmatic contracts and grants
- Identify opportunities to connect work in progress across multiple areas of the Foundation
- Manage project timelines and deliverables in collaborative projects that involve multiple leaders and/or multiple areas of the Foundation
Salary: $40,000 - $55,000 depending on experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in a field such as public health, public administration, communications, nonprofit management, or relevant lived experience.
- At least two years of relevant, responsible work experience in community capacity building, community/public/population health, nonprofit engagement, community organizing, philanthropy, or program support.
- Communications, marketing, and/or public relations experience, preferably in a health setting, is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of juggling multiple priorities and working successfully in a matrixed management structure (solid and dotted line reporting structure).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Careers@VitalystHealth.org. Job will remain open until filled.
Vitalyst Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.